February 25, 2011 – At 17:52 Station 4 was dispatched to assist Chief 730 (Reed) at 48 Washington Street with a carbon monoxide investigation. Crews arrived on scene and were met with a chimney fire. Chief 730 then requested Stations 1 & 2 to assist at the scene. Fire personnel used water cans and an 1 1/2 handline to extinguish the fire. PPV fans were also used to clear the structure of smoke and CO. All Schuylkill Haven units remained on scene for approximately 1 hour 10 minutes until being released by Chief 730.
February 16, 2011 – At 19:38 Stations 1 & 4 were dispatched to the area of the Schuylkill Mountain Road and Shue String Lane for a motor vehicle accident with injuries. Crews arrived on scene and were met with a head-on, two vehicle accident blocking the roadway. Fire personnel assisted the patients in exiting the vehicles and assisted EMS with a minor injury. The roadway was then cleared of all debris and all Schuylkill Haven units remained on scene until the tow company arrived. Time out was approximately 60 minutes and Chief 720 (Peel) was in command of the incident. Photos via E-737.
The Liberty Fire Co. has been working with ASI Wear, a Fire and Rescue Apparel company based in New York, to develop custom T-Shirts for the members of the company and the public. We currently have short-sleeve t-shirts (cost: $20) , long-sleeve t-shirts(cost: $23), and sweatshirts (cost: $26) available for your purchase. Please contact email@example.com if you are interested. The new apparel will also be on sale at all of our monthly dinners and various fundraisers. Great job ASI on the design!
February 11, 2011 – At 17:46 the Schuylkill Haven Fire Department was dispatched to 66 Morenoll Street, in the borough for a smoke detector activation. Crews arrived on scene and could hear the smoke detector activated inside the building. After forcing a door, it was determined that the alarm was caused by a faulty detector. All Schuylkill Haven units were then placed available. Chief 723 (Donatti) had command.
February 2, 2011 – At 16:24 Stations 1 & 4 were dispatched along with Fire Districts 56, 47, and 42 to 675 Red Dale Road (the Blue Mountain Elementary East) for an automatic fire alarm. Just as all units began to respond SCCC advised of a false activation and all units were placed available.
February 1, 2011 – At 17:49 the Schuylkill Haven Fire Department was dispatched to 31 Fairview Avenue in the borough for a possible house fire. As units began to respond SCCC advised of a possible mattress fire. Crews quickly arrived on scene and removed the smoldering mattress from the residence. All Schuylkill Haven units were placed clear and available by Chief 720.