September 27, 2010 – At 16:00 Stations 1, 2 & 4 along with District 41 (Cressona) were dispatched to Alvernia University at the Cressona Mall for an Automatic Fire Alarm. Chief 722 (Sattizahn) quickly arrived on scene and advised of burnt popcorn causing a smoke condition. PPV fans were used for ventilation and all units remained on scene for approximately 40 minutes. Chief 722 had command.
From left are: Leroy Boyer, Jim Krammes, Justin Peel, Guy Arndt, Commissioner Mann, Rick Kremer, Preston Peel and SHFD Chief Robert Peel.
September 25th, 2010 – At 17:46 Stations 2 & 4 were dispatched to the area of the Saylor Street Playground for a possible brush fire. Chief 720 (Peel) quickly arrived on scene and found a small area of mulch smoldering on the playground. Chief 720 then held the call to Station 4 and crews extinguished the small area of mulch. Time out was about 10 minutes.
September 24, 2010 – At 21:33 Stations 1, 2 & 4 were dispatched to 120 Gordon Nagle Trail (North Manheim Township) for a rekindle of the previous fire earlier that day. Crews arrived on scene and assisted the Cressona Fire Department with additional overhaul operations. All Schuylkill Haven units remained on scene for approximately 45 minutes. Cressona Chief 41 (Mansell) had command.
September 24, 2010 – At 14:16 Station 1 & 4 were dispatched along with District 41 (Cressona Fire) to the area of 120 Gordon Nagle Trail for a garage fire. Cressona Chief 41 (Mansell) arrived on scene and advised county of a fully involved commercial building and immediately requested a second alarm which brought Station 2 to the call. Crews arrived on scene and made forced entry to the interior by cutting and removing the garage doors. Other fire personnel were sent to the roof and the interior for fire attack and to begin ventilation. After the fire was knocked down crews assisted with overhaul. All Schuylkill Haven units remained on scene for approximately 2.5 hours. Chief 720 (Peel) was in command. Pictures via MLK Photos.
September 22, 2010 – Just as the first few storms began to impact our area, at 18:28 Stations 2 & 4 were dispatched to the intersection of Berne Drive and Schuylkill Mountain Road for a tree down on wires. As Engines from Station 2 and 4 were en-route Chief 720(Peel) arrived on scene and advised of a large tree blocking the roadway and resting on wires. Just as E-737 arrived on scene Chief 720 (Peel) then had E-732 redirected to a second call in the area of 520 Deiberts Valley Road for another tree down on wires. As both incidents continued Chief 720 requested Ladder 725 to assist with the first call due to the size of the tree. Crews used Ladder 725 to remove parts of the tree and release tension on the wires. Debris was swept from the roadway and all units cleared both incidents after approximately 1 hour. Chief 720 and 722 had command.
September 21, 2010 – At 18:39 Stations 1, 2 & 4 were dispatched to 1466 Route 61 South (formerly known as the old State Police Barracks) for an Automatic Fire Alarm. Just as units began to arrive on scene, Chief 722 (Sattizahn) confirmed a false activation and placed all units clear and available.
September 20, 2010 – At 18:48 Stations 1 & 4 were dispatched along with District 56 (Orwigsburg) and District 47 (Landingville) to 1076 Market Street, North Manheim Township for automatic fire alarm at the Blue Mountain High School. Crews arrived on scene and completed a quick search of the building. Chief 56 (Hardinger) confirmed a false activation and placed all units available.
September 20, 2010 – At 09:37 Stations 1 & 2 were dispatched to the area of Route 61 and Manheim Road for a vehicle accident with one patient suffering a medical condition. When crews arrived on scene they assisted EMS with a class one patient that was involved in the accident. Chief 720 (Peel) then requested an Engine from Station 4 to help setup and secure a landing zone for areo medical at 110 Route 61 South (Church by Penn State). Station 2 then followed EMS to to await incoming Medevac 7. Chief 720 (Peel) had command and units remained on scene for approximately 20 minutes.
September 15, 2010 – At 09:53 Stations 1,2, & 4 were dispatched along with District 41 (Cressona) and Pottsville RIT for a reported House Fire at 38 Walnut Street, Cressona. County advised all responding units of a possible kitchen fire involving a stove. Crews quickly arrived on scene, and were met with a house filled with smoke and fire in the kitchen. Fire personnel proceeded to knock down the fire and removed the stove from the house. The remaining crews checked for fire extension using thermal imagery cameras (TIC) and assisted with ventilation. All Schuylkill Haven units remained on scene for approximately 30 minutes.
September 12, 2010 – At 20:47 the Schuylkill Haven Fire Department was dispatched to 406 University Drive, Penn State Schuylkill for reported smoke in an apartment. Chief 720 (Peel) arrived on location and confirmed a smoke condition in the building. Crews arrived on scene and found a malfunctioning oven had caused the smoke condition. All Schuylkill Haven units remained on scene for approximately 15 minutes before being placed available by Chief 720.
September 10, 2010 – At 18:39 the Schuylkill Haven Fire Department was dispatched to 62 Seven Stars Road for an Automatic Fire Alarm. As units began responding, Chief 724 (Moran) arrived on scene and advised all units to cancel the call due to burnt food on the stove.
September 8, 2010 – At 22:28 Stations 2 & 4 were dispatched to 15 Earl Stoyer Drive the Grave Evangelical Church to set up a landing zone for incoming Medevac 7. Crews arrived on scene and established a secure zone for the helicopter land and assisted with patient packaging. Time out was about 35 minutes and Chief 720 had command.
September 5, 2010 – At 11:12 the Schuylkill Haven Fire Department was dispatched to 122 E. Union Street for smoke in a house. Chief 720 (Peel) arrived on scene and confirmed smoke coming from the residence. Crews arrived on scene and gained forced entry to the structure. After a few minutes of searching for the source of the smoke, it was determined that a metal garbage located in the basement contained smoldering trash. Fire Personnel also used TIC (Thermal Imagery) Cameras to aid in the search. PPV fans were then used to clear the smoke from the building and all Schuylkill Haven units were placed available by Chief 720.
Warning: Missing argument 2 for wpdb::prepare(), called in /home/content/35/4323035/html/libertyfire/wp-content/plugins/xml-google-maps/xmlgooglemaps_dbfunctions.php on line 36 and defined in /home/content/35/4323035/html/libertyfire/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 992
September 3, 2010 – At 19:19 Stations 2 & 4 were dispatched to 12 Pear Street for a propane tank leaking outside a residence. Crews arrived on scene and were met with a “pin hole” leak from the bottom of a propane cylinder. The tank was quickly removed from the side of the house while Station 2 pulled a 1 3/4 bumper line to dissipate the leaking gas. Fire personnel then used gas meters to make sure the area was clear. All units remained on scene for approximately 30 minutes. Chief 720 (Peel) had command.